Cape Town based techno Producer/Dj Danalog, has been one of our favorites for a good while now. So talented, and so underrated! Get to know this man, and keep an eye on him and his bright future :)
1. So how did you come up with your name?
I wanted an alias that used my real name and something to do with sound, i remember seeing a sign once that said "digital + analogue = danalogue" and that just clicked with me.. threw out the "ue" and kept it as Danalog :)
2. If you didn't play techno, what genre would you play?
tricky one to think about.. but im really into more downbeat electronica.. so probably a mix of slower and deeper electronic stuff ..
3. What has been your biggest fuck up you've ever made whilst performing?
We have all had this one... pressed eject button on the wrong deck!
4. Have you ever had a blowjob behind the decks?
Unfortunately not.. don't think im famous enough to qualify for one.... yet. ;)
5. Favourite DJ other than yourself? ;) and why?
To be honest, im not a big follower of local DJ's.. i'm more interested in artists and producers...from the local techy guys, Nick Supply is doin some good stuff ! i like the fact that he's just doin his own thing ... also recently heard this dude called Kyle Watson, a lil' more housey, but quality stuff..
6. Favourite feel good tune of all time?
So many ! the first one that comes to mind is Leftfield - Check One... that track always makes me feel gooood :)
7. Which 3 international DJs would you most want to see in South Africa in 2012?
Richie Hawtin, Stephan Bodzin and Eric Prydz/Cirez D.
8. What fuels you creatively?
i'm always researching and keeping up to date with whats going on when it comes to all things music, software, gear and any bits and pieces that has to do with production! this is what keeps me going and gets the creative juices flowing..even something so small like getting a new compressor could inspire me to start a whole new tune...
9. Favourite pastime?
Thats simple...making music ... ;)
10. Does your toilet paper hang under or over?
too lazy to even hang it up.. it sits on my bathroom counter..
11. Money or Fame?
i don't need fame.. gimme money !
12. Longest set you've ever played?
6 hours at a school dance when i was 15 !
13. Do you think you need to be a producer to make it big as a DJ?
Generally speaking , i would say yes.. more so if you are looking to tap into the international market.. its hard enough as it is, to stand out as a producer..So to stand out as a DJ is even more difficult, unless you really got some tricks up your sleeve that can blow people away...
14. Whats your take on stomping? haha
It's contagious !
15. Describe yourself in High School…
16. Are you a digital or analogue junkie?
17. Have you ever had a decent one-man dancing session?
Too many times !!
18. Till what age do you see yourself Djing?
Till what ever age i stop enjoying it...if ever.
19. Boobs or Bum?
without a doubt... both !
Butterbox loves you!